|Your online down home newspaper|
CCISD News: Back to School Safety
By Marilyn Clark, League City Area News Online
August 28, 2004
In school zones and areas where children play.
When cars slow down for school zones and other areas where children are present, child safety goes up.
1. Parents, grandparents and teachers should check to see which item/rules on the safety list (2) below their children already know.
2. Help your children learn the ones you want them to know in words they will understand.
3. Observe your children to be certain they are putting the items/rules you selected into practice.
4. Give your children occasional checkups and help them with items/rules they have forgotten.
(1) The data used in creating the table is from UK Department of Transportation. Killing Speed and Saving Lives in U.S. Department of Transportation: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Safe Routes to School,"Safe Streets," September 2002, DOT HS 809 497
(2)U.S. Department of Transportation: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Safe Routes to School,"Classroom Activities," September 2002, DOT HS 809 497
Source of image: (2)U.S. Department of Transportation: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Safe Routes to School, September 2002, DOT HS 809 497
League City Area News Online.
All rights reserved.
|The opinions expressed in this or any other column are those of the author, not the League City Area News Online or its staff or any of its affiliates. Any and all responses to any of the columnists are welcome.|
Web design by Webmaster
|Send comments and Letters to the Editor to:
League City Area News Online, P. O. Box 1693, League City, Texas 77574-1693
Please include your address and phone number for verification purposes.
|Send e-mail to the Webmaster if there are problems with the web site.|